- Primary applications are accepted through SOPHAS (www.sophas.org).
- For Admissions Deadlines, visit https://publichealth.stonybrookmedicine.edu/admissions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.2 GPA or better. Admitted students usually have GPAs that are higher than 3.0.
- Preferred: Doctoral degree in a medical, dental or other healthcare field from an accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools. Transcripts for all degrees earned in schools outside the U.S. or Canada must be evaluated by an agency accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Three references from persons who can address the applicant's capacity to complete a course of graduate study. If the applicant is a student or has graduated within the last two years, at least one letter must be from a college or university faculty member with whom the applicant has studied.
- Official GRE (verbal, quantitative, and analytical) scores are required. Please use GRE institution code 2548. This requirement is waived for applicants who have been awarded a doctoral degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian university.
- A Cover Letter is required for the primary application. It should be no more than 500 words and should be submitted with your application.
- Your Cover Letter should describe your research interest area(s) and identify potential mentor. In addition, the letter should address how you see this program contributing to your career trajectory.
- Completion of the on-line application.
- A personal interview, if requested by the Research Mentor Matching committee, will be scheduled.