The Mission of the MHA Program is to offer a comprehensive academic course of study in the field of health management to early and mid-career health professionals. Our students learn from a dynamic faculty who value research and innovative methods to facilitate excellence in the learning of health management and population health competencies. Graduates will be prepared to contribute immediately as managers to support the delivery of high quality care throughout the health services sector.
The Vision of the MHA Program and HPM Concentration is to be recognized as premier health management graduate programs in our nation by delivering an innovative and high quality health management curriculum in collaboration with our multifaceted stakeholders who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service in population health and healthcare.
The Values of the MHA Program are:
- Community Engagement
- Scholarly Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
The MHA Program maintains five overarching goals to guide programmatic development. Each overarching goal has a series of corresponding sub-goals and benchmarks which inform assessment, data sharing, and continuous quality improvement initiatives. The overarching goals are provided below:
- The MHA Program at Stony Brook Medicine will select and retain highly qualified students.
- The MHA Program at Stony Brook Medicine will provide a high-quality, competency-based educational experience to all students.
- The MHA Program at Stony Brook Medicine will participate in professional development, research, scholarship and service to advance the field of healthcare management education.
- The MHA Program at Stony Brook Medicine will foster and maintain an environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming for all.
- Graduates of the MHA Program at Stony Brook Medicine will be prepared to contribute immediately as managers and leaders to support the delivery of high-quality care throughout the health services sector.