Greetings! Welcome to the Program in Public Health (PPH) at Stony Brook Medicine. PPH is among 113 programs and 59 schools accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and the only public university that is an accredited program located on Long Island. Our program attracts a competitive pool of outstanding students...Learn more.
Student, Alumni and Faculty Accomplishments
- Read the new book The Organ Shortage Crisis in America, written by our very own Dr. Andrew Flescher!
- Dr. Meliker has been appointed a standing member of the Infectious, Reproductive, Asthma, and Pulmonary NIH Review Panel, starting October 2018.
- Dr. Meliker is an invited breakout group participant at the NIEHS/NHLBI Workshop on Understanding the Combined Effects of Environmental Chemical and Non-Chemical Stressors: Atherosclerosis as a Model Workshop.
- Congratulations to alum Kaileen Puppo (’17) on her new position with LiveOn NY.
- Congratulations to alum Khadija Ahmed (’17) on her acceptance into the Minority Training Program in Cancer Control Research, a summer program at UCLA.
- Congratulations to alum Pamela Icochea (’15) on her acceptance into the Doctor of Public Health program at Albany School of Public Health.
- Congratulations to Dr. Lauren Hale for being quoted in an article on Slate.com! Read here.
- Watch Dr. Lauren Hale discuss her recent study of NBA players' late night tweets and next-day game performance outcomes on ESPN! Congratulations!
- Congratulations to current MPH/MAPP student, Brooke Nepo, for accepting a legislative fellowship with AARP's Government Affairs team in Washington, D.C. this summer!
- Congratulations to MPH alum, Tracy Trypuc, RN, MPH, MBA, BSN, for being honored by the Suffolk County Legislature for her ten years of service with the Suffolk County Board of Health!
- Congratulations to current MPH student, Tayisha St Vil for being a co-presenter, along with President Stanley, at SXSWedu, an innovative educational conference in Austin, TX! Tayisha has been involved in campaigns promoting gender equality at Stony Brook University, such as HeForShe ideation and HeForShe Teach - In/Speak. Click here for more information related to the conference and here for a video filming the panel talk.
- Congratulations to current MPH student, Pallavi Srivastava on winning the best abstract award in the graduate student category at the 11th Annual Women in Research Day at Stony Brook Medicine! Pallavi's winning abstract is titled, "Comparison of access to care in veterans versus non-veterans with cardiovascular disease."
- Congratulations to current and former MPH students, Natalie Crnosija, Pallavi Srivastava and Rachel Wong for presenting their respective research projects at the Stony Brook University School of Medicine's 11th Annual Women in Medicine Research Day!
- Congratulations to MPH student Melissa Wettengel for being featured in the NYS Office of Mental Health's December 2016 newsletter! Melissa is the Assistant Director of Consumer Link in Nassau County.
- Congratulations to Dr. Hale for her recently published research in JAMA-Pediatrics, Association Between Portable Screen-Based Media Device Access or Use and Sleep Outcomes, being listed as #61 of the top 100 most discussed science journal articles of 2016!
- Congratulations to Dr. Hale for being featured in "Editor in a (60 second) Spotlight" by Elsevier! Dr. Hale is editor in chief of the Journal of the National Sleep Foundation.
More Accomplishments >
Connect with the PPH