Gina Marie Mathew, Ph.D.
- PhD, Biobehavioral Health, Pennsylvania State University, 2021
- Post-doctoral associate, Public Health, Stony Brook Medicine, 2021-
- Graduate assistant, Biobehavioral Health, the Pennsylvania State University, 2016-2021
- Lab manager, Sleep and Environmental Psychology Lab, Baruch College, the City University of New York, 2015-2016
- Research assistant, Sleep and Environmental Psychology Lab, Baruch College, the City University of New York, 2013-2016
- Associations of dimensions of sleep and circadian rhythms with emotional health, dietary intake, and obesity markers
- Interindividual differences in cognitive performance after sleep deficiency
- Effects of sleep disruption and enhancement on next-day performance and wellbeing
Mathew GM, Strayer SM, Ness KM, Schade MM, Nahmod NG, Buxton OM, Chang A.-M. Interindividual differences in attentional vulnerability moderate cognitive performance during sleep restriction and subsequent recovery in healthy young men. In press at Sci Rep; 2021.
Mathew GM, Strayer SM, Bailey DS, Buzzell K, Ness KM, Schade MM, Nahmod NG, Buxton OM, Chang A.-M. Changes in subjective motivation and effort during sleep restriction moderate interindividual differences in attentional performance in healthy young men. Nat Sci Sleep 2021; 2021 (13): 1117–1136. doi:10.2147/NSS.S294409
Mathew GM, Hale L, Chang A.-M. Social jetlag, eating behaviours, and body mass index among adolescents in the United States. Br J Nutr 2020; 124(9): 979–987. doi:10.1017/S0007114520001804
Schade MM,* Mathew GM,* Roberts DM, Gartenberg D, Buxton OM. Enhancing slow oscillations and increasing N3 sleep proportion with supervised, non-phase-locked pink noise and other non-standard auditory stimulation during NREM sleep. Nat Sci Sleep 2020; 12: 411-429. doi: 10.2147/NSS.S243204
*Authors contributed equally to this work.
Roberts DM, Schade MM, Mathew GM, Gartenberg D, Buxton OM. Detecting sleep using raw data from multisensor consumer-grade wearables, relative to wrist actigraphy and polysomnography. Sleep 2020; 43(7): zsaa045. doi: 10.1093/sleep/zsaa045
Mathew GM, Hale L, Chang A.-M. Sex moderates relationships among school night sleep duration, social jetlag, and depressive symptoms in adolescents. J. Biol. Rhythms 2019; 34(2):1-13.
Mathew GM, Li X, Hale L, Chang A.-M. Sleep duration and social jetlag are independently associated with anxious symptoms in adolescents. Chronobiol. Intl. 2019; 36(4):461-469.
Engle-Friedman M, Mathew GM, Martinova A, Armstrong F, Konstantinov V. The role of sleep deprivation and fatigue in the perception of task difficulty and use of heuristics. Sleep Sci. 2018; 11(2).